Saturday, May 16, 2009

HELP!

I am totally procrastinating right now. I'm preaching tomorrow morning and have been trying to work on my sermon but keep running into brick walls. Not actual brick walls, but mental ones. I have several ideas of things to do with the texts (based on the common lectionary) but none of them are flowing together as of yet. How many hours do I have? As it is, I've already secluded myself at home while Trouble is out at a friend's graduation bbq. I knew if I went I'd be worried about this stuff so I decided to make myself stay home and work on it - and now I'm on here instead. It seems like it should be so easy to preach on - the basic idea is that we're commanded to love one another and we should obey. Love is one of the basics - something I talk about and belive in whole heartedly. Yet somehow I'm having issues developing that into 12 minutes of anything of any substance. It just doesn't seem like it's too complicated to me. And then I go and look back at old blog posts to search for inspiration and I come across entries talking about times when I could have shown love to someone and didn't. We all know the idea is simple but the practice is more complex. Again, I don't seem to have anything new to add to the topic. This is why I'm not a regular preacher. if you have any great ideas, please call me and share! I'll post again after the service and let you know what I end up doing...

1 comment:

revhipchick said...

i can't wait to hear how it went!