Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spring "Break"

Well, there are no classes this week and I'm thoroughly enjoying the fact that it's 70 degrees out and I don't have to be sitting in a classroom all afternoon. I'm also looking ahead at the calendar and wondering how I'm going to make it through the rest of the semester. I'm not even talking about school work - although that is definitely a big consumer of my time - but all of the other things that make up my "life." I don't know how other seminary students manage family life, being a student pastor and getting their school work done - I feel like I barely manage two of those, never mind doing either of them as well as I want to. On top of school and those household chores/errands that someone has to do to keep the home fires burning, I also find my calendar filled with things like meetings (for school groups or church groups), the occasional "date night,"counseling appointments, dr appointments, vetrinary appointments, etc. How does anyone do it all? And how does anyone find time to check in with themselves, let alone checking in with God in the midst of all of the business?

I'm enjoying the fact that I don't have to sit in classes this week, and I admit that as of this moment I've done almost nothing on my homework. I have a friend coming to visit this weekend, so I have to get it done sooner (since I'll be busy when 'later' is upon me). I guess in a way I'm also taking a break from this blog - there's so much to think about and I need a break from all of the thinking. Until the brain juices get flowing again...

No comments: