Friday, July 28, 2006

More camp pics

I was having some techinical problems uploading the remaining pictures, so after some tweaking, here they are:

New for this year was canoeing!! Groups could go all together during small group time, or kids could go during their afternoon freetime. They proved to be very popular and I really hope they're back for next year...

This is the "big" creek, which is actually a fork off of the river that runs close by the camp. You can see the water is up to the campers' knees at this point, but it periodically runs even deeper and can get a strong current in flood years. We walk them out 1/3 mile or so to a little swimming area that gets about 8 feet deep. Don't worry - a lifeguard and our camp medic go along for the hike...



Speaking of our camp medic... Here's Angela bandaging a cut knee on the creek hike - which I think was the most major injury we had this year. And look at those white legs - good thing I had my sunglasses with me!

2 comments:

Big Unit said...

What a beautiful camp.

Angela said...

those legs aren't that white, the picture is just over exposed.

plus, if i was any tanner, i'd have to beat back the ladies with a stick!