Sunday, November 23, 2008

Advent Conspiracy

In catching up with the Rev Crystal K (formerly seminarymamma) on her new church blog, I discovered a great organization/web site and I'm helping the viral phenomenon by passing it on here. You don't have to agree with everything in it, but please check out the video below and let me know what you think about it. It's a radical notion, that Christmas was - and still is, or at least could be - something so revolutionary.




I'm still trying to learn more about this group - the website doesn't seem to say much about who they are or why/how they're putting this message out there, but it intrigues me nonetheless. In these economic times, I'm especially curious to see how much people start talking about the "true" meaning of Christmas and ways to celebrate with less money. Do you think this message would play as strongly in another economic climate? Do you think what they're saying makes sense? Is fair? Let me know!

No comments: