Thursday, June 28, 2007

YIPPEE!!

Just wanted to share the news that I got the AmeriCorps job working for Habitat for Humanity here in Kansas City. YAY! It was the job that I really wanted - it's a great organization, the interview had gone well without out too many "weird alerts" and it's only about a mile from my house which means saving on gas money. I don't start until August, so I get one last summer break and am looking for suggestions on things to do for cheap to fill in my time. Let me know if you have any ideas! :)

7 comments:

Silver Tounged Devil said...

Congrats on the job! I remember what a relief the first job after seminary was.

You c

Anonymous said...

congrats! now, build me a house! lol.

Big Unit said...

That's great.

You could start hanging out at lumber yards, learning the difference between a 2x4 and 2x6, a box head nail and a finish nail. Get you a 2x4 and some nails to practice driving nails. Study up on Jimmy Carter. Get your bike ready so you can ride it to work. You could ride a mile in a few minutes.

Kim in KCK said...

Great news! Hipchick told me in class yesterday. Habitat is a great organization. What will you be doing there?

As for the month off...Read something of YOUR choice. Go to the zoo. Clean house (or not - your time is your own). Clean my house - that would be nice. Do something nice for yourself.

Congrats on the new job!

revhipchick said...

if you are cleaning other folks' houses you know i could use your help! :)

we're ready to make pinatas any time you are!

there is the zoo, all the art museums in town, science city, going to the lake, picnics at the park, painting my house, i'm sure i could fill your days!

oh yeah, and the $2 movie theatre!

Mary said...

Big Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulaaaaaaaations! Now, for how to spend your leisure time, I have two words for you:
HARRY POTTER!