Friday, March 16, 2007

Leaving town...

Sweet Lake UMC, Louisiana

Trouble and I are heading out of town in the morning. We're going on a mission trip to Louisiana - way down south on the west side of the state where Hurrican Rita struck more than Katrina. I need to get away and spend time focusing on other people's situations rather than wallowing in my own, so I'm really looking forward to it. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the 12 hour van ride down there. It's just such a long day to be in a vehicle! The weather is supposed to be warm and we're going to be doing some serious work (nothing relieves stress like some good demolition or hammering). We're staying at Sweet Lake UMC and some of our group has actually been there before, about a year ago, so this will be part reunion. We're a mix of seminary students, church folks from one particular congregation and a few friends thrown in. :) If I only I knew I was packed and ready to go....




1 comment:

revhipchick said...

i'll be thinking of you and trouble all week! have fun and come back speaking some cajun for me--k?

i'll miss you all!